Common mode chokes are useful to prevent electromagnetic interference (EMI) and radio frequency interference (RFI) from power supply lines and to prevent malfunction of electronic equipment.
What are the benefits of using common mode chokes? The components minimize unwanted spurious signals or noise.
The following are examples of chokes with a nanocrystalline core:
- significantly lower losses with high energy storage capacity
- Circumferential gaps reduce induction flux loss
- high saturation current
- better efficiency
- higher current with high inductance value
- often the only solution for some high speed signals
- flat wire winding available
- nanocrystalline or amorphous core
- EMI filters
- charging coils
- switching power supplies